1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just finished my main draft. .5 PPR.

QB: Brees, Fitzpatrick
    RB: McCoy, Langford, Henry, Crowell, Michael, Booker
    WR: Green, Cooper, Landry, Funchess, Wheaton
    TE: Gates
    K: TBD
    D: Packers

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Landry as third WR in PPR is great. Stop drafting Crowell. :)

3. Mr. Sunshine

Drafted in my longtime league this morning. League started in 1991, and it's always a little different. Mock drafts are generally useless. We start a combo of 6 RBs/receivers (TEs included) -- either 3 RB/3 Rec. Or 4 Rec./2 RB.

Drew first pick:

QBs
    Wilson
    Winston
    RBs
    Lacy
    Hyde
    Henry
    Ware
    Recs.
    Brown
    Evans
    D. Thomas
    Reed
    Gordon
    Z. Miller (needed a Bear)
    Ks
    Walsh
    Myers
    Def.
    Texans
    Bengals

Took a chance on Gordon because I felt good about receivers to that point.

I could be in trouble at RB, but I really like Henry as a potential RB1 down the road, and Ware is probably worth rostering as a goal-line back even if Charles makes it back to full strength. Until then he's a borderline RB2.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The league I run will be drafting Tues night. I switched up a few things:
    Added QB into the flex with RB/WR/TE.
    Added an individual defensive player
    Gave more of a bonus to RBs who rush for over 100 and 200 yards compared to WRs or QBs who receive/throw for their yards.
    12-team league with top four teams H2H records in. Last two teams will make it based on total points. I'm hoping I can do this in NFL fantasy.
    Tiebreakers are also decided by points this year. And I'll be giving the team who scores the most points its money back.
    Added free agent acquisition budget for waivers.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I played a season with QB at flex and it sucked. I don't recall all the position depth at the other positions or the exact scoring, but it worked out that the teams with two good QBs dominated.

6. Madhavok

I am leery of that, but the starting roster for the league is large so I'm hoping if you have two decent RBs and some WRs it'll offset someone who took QBs early.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just got done with our Yahoo draft. Picked seventh in a 12-team, non-PPR, IDP league with one point per tackle:

QB: Brees, Prescott
    RB: Stewart, Derrick Henry, Ivory, Yeldon, Crowell
    WR: Dez, Fitz, Amari Cooper, Willie Snead, Treadwell
    TE: Gronk
    K: Dan Bailey
    IDP: Navorro Bowman, D'Qwell Jackson, Deone Buchanan

I like almost everything except my RBs. I thought I might get Peterson in the first round if everybody else went WR, but he went at No. 2. There was no clear-cut guy left at 7, so I wound up taking Gronk. Got Dez in the second, Cooper in the third, Brees in the fourth and Stewart in the fifth. Was about to take Demarco Murray in the fifth, with the idea of adding Henry a couple of rounds later, and Murray went one pick in front of me.
    Fitz in the sixth and Crowell in the 13th felt like good picks.
    Treadwell and Prescott were my last two picks. Figured what the hell.

8. Madhavok

Drafted 9th, ppr, IDP, and defense
    QB-Carr, Taylor, RGIII
    RB-Freeman, Martin, Williams, Yeldon
    WR-Green, Watkins, Decker, VJackson,
    TE-Eifert, Bennett
    K-Gano
    IDP-Bowman, Reshad Jones
    Def-Packers

QB can be in flex. RGIII was my last pick. Sort of a why not. Picked Decker on accident.
    RBs have a larger bonus for 100-199, 200+ games as well as 40 and 50-yard scores.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Decker is a strong WR3/flex in that lineup.

10. Madhavok

Yeah, as the draft went on the more I was okay with the pick. Going to need another TE as Eifert is probably out a few games and I'm not sure about starting Bennett right now. There is a team with four TEs I might try and trade with. However, Rudolph and Cameron are available.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I was really worried going into my drafts because I've been very busy lately and had done almost no research.

I came away happy with all three of my teams. All are in 10-team leagues.

I'm a big believer in getting a top-of-the-line QB before anything else, so Aaron Rodgers is my starter for all three teams. My backups are Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger and Kirk Cousins.

Even so, I have Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy in the backfield on two of my teams, and the other one has Brandon Marshall, DeAndre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon and Vincent Jackson at WR and Jordan Reed at TE.

Actually, Josh Gordon is on all three of my teams -- I'm convinced he's going to be a giant stud (again) when he gets back. Just hoping he makes it through the season without another suspension.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Would y'all sit Langford or Landry for Christine Michael this week? It's a half PPR.

Draft saved Draft deleted