1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 3, 2016.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Any chance he appeals it down to two games?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he got one game knocked off because a missed test technically is not as bad as a failed test, but he's already had one drug-related suspension, and reports are that this wasn't just his second hiccup.

3. Mr. Sunshine

First draft last night. 8 of 10. Standard league.

Starters
    Luck
    Ingram
    Anderson
    Robinson
    Cooper
    Maclin
    J. Thomas
    Boswell
    Steelers

Bench
    John Brown
    M. Gordon
    Parker
    Care
    Powell
    M. Thomas

Kinda regretting not grabbing a WR with my second pick when I took Ingram, and I hope Thomas stays healthy enough that I don't have to play TE roulette all season.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm about to setup my league, but am doing some changes this year. What is everyone using and which platform allows the most changes?
    I'll go H2H, but also want to give out another win or loss if your team is in the top half for points and award the last two playoff spots to the teams with the most points.

5. Mr. Sunshine

It's not aesthetically pleasing, but myfantasyleague.com is a good site for specialized leagues.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just looked at it. I might keep it H2H and have the last few playoff spots be given out via points and give out money to the tea with the most points or weekly points.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I just quit a league because they use that shitball site. Ugh, the user interface is atrocious and it's so aesthetically unappealing, I couldn't stand another year of it.

8. Mr. Sunshine

As long as I keep winning the league, I can put up with those issues.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Had my first draft today. 9th of 10. Love the way it fell for me.

QB: Rodgers
    RB: Miller, Freeman
    WR: Hopkins, Watkins, Maclin, Sanders
    TE: Walker
    DST: Texans
    Bench: Carr, Ivory, Forsett, Crowell, Riddick, Hightower, T. Benjamin, Wallace

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Crowell? Goddamnit, Circus!

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Looking back, I'd feel better if I'd taken Tevin Coleman there and locked up the Falcons backfield. But I was trying to stockpile playable options since I didn't really have an RB3, and I see Crowell as a pretty good bet to hold onto the running role for a coach who likes to lean on the run.

I also took Rodgers two rounds before Brees went. I wonder if I might like my team more if I had taken Latavius Murray instead of Rodgers and grabbed Brees instead. I might have more upside guys in my middle rounds instead of loading up on mediocre RBs. But last year aside, nobody ever regrets drafting Rodgers.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Two drafts. Worst draft grade in both. One common starter. Two common players overall. #noteasytodo

Draft saved Draft deleted