1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Missed out on the playoffs when Pagano doesn't send in Vinatieri for the FG with 2 minutes to go.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

5-8, 4-9 and 7-4-2. The work league team landed the 3rd seed (of 8), but has a complicated quarterfinal against the team I tied two weeks ago (and lost to earlier in the year).

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ouch.

4. bigpern23

I finished 10-3 with the top seed in both leagues. In one league, I had the 3rd-highest point total, in the other, I somehow managed only the eighth-highest point total.

Most of that owes to some early season struggles before Bell returned from suspension and Gronkowski was injured. When those two got going at full strength in Week 5, I crushed the competition for the next six weeks and improved my team with several trades along the way. Had byes and some tough matchups the last three weeks, but still managed to pull out two wins.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I had almost the opposite experience. I was safely in the playoffs by that point, but one more Vinatieri FG would have knocked me out of the bye. Likewise, much more yardage from Marshall would have done the same thing, so that last interception made me a happy man.

I just dropped the Vikings D since I won't need them for this week's plum matchup with Jacksonville. I have the Texans (against the Jags) for week 15 and the Chargers (against the Browns) for week 16. And in both the semifinal matchups, the team I'd like to see win has more FAAB left than its opponent. I hope the Vikings can help them pull the upset.

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Indeed. But I got blown out the last 3 games after Gronk got hurt, Maclin was out and unfortunately Mariota and DeMarco were on a bye in week 13. Choosing the likes of James Starks and Martellus Bennett as starters did me no good.

Next year.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. bigpern23

I like your thinking in dropping the Vikes' D. Smart.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I secured the No. 2 seed and a bye in the first round with a waiver wire roster. Started off the year 1-4 and finished 8-5. This is also the league where the last two teams to make it in are the ones with the most points. Oddly enough the last two teams had the next best record along with points and I didn't have to do any changes.

My other team just missed out by 15 points and went 2-5 down the stretch to finish 7-6. Rough. But also had the more talented roster.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Allen Robinson was my second-round pick in my work league, but I'm seriously considering dropping him. It's a non-keeper league. His next two games are against Minnesota and Houston and he hasn't done jack shit for about a month now and won't do jack shit in those games. Bortles is a disaster. Just not enough space on rosters and he isn't going to help in the playoffs. Off with his ass.

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of starting Dalton vs. Cleveland over Rodgers vs. Seattle. Am I crazy?

11. bigpern23

Without really looking at it, I'd say no, you're not crazy. Playing anyone against Cleveland has been a winning strategy this season.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Office league team (my only one of three that wasn't a total disaster this year) posts its worst week of the year since Week 2 in the first round of the playoffs, and with that Brady TD pass, my horrible season (other two will be 4-10 and 5-9 after this week) is officially over.

Office team will be 7-5-2 for the season, 0-2-1 against my best friend and 7-3-1 (unbeaten since Week 6) against everyone else. Fuck you Dez.

Draft saved Draft deleted