1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anyone else joining the Yahoo Tournament of Champions? It's a free daily fantasy contest. I've never played DFS, so this should be fun. Not sure what the scoring system is, though, and I can't find it on the page. Not sure if it's PPR, or any other scoring oddities.

2. sostartled

sostartled Member

I play the playoff challenge on NFL.com. It's pretty fun.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

What's that?
    We have a playoff league, 8 guys, rosters are daily deep - QB, 2 RBS, 3 WRS, TE, 2 FLEX - .5 PPR, stats are all the same from a standard league except we add a 3 point bonus if your defense wins the game. Points are cumulative, whoever has the most at the end of the Super Bowl wins.
    The draft is weird because you're picking based off talent and games played. I had the first pick and took Cam. Debating taking Antonio Brown, but didn't want to risk losing the thing before the second day of the postseason.
    Roster is Cam, Jonathan Stewart, Alfred Morris, DeSean Jackson, DeAndre Hopkins, Markus Wheaton, Greg Olsen, James Starks, Marvin Jones, Cairo Santos and Houston's D.

4. sostartled

sostartled Member

It's kind of like a survivor pool, but instead of teams, you pick players. There's strategy involved because you can earn extra points each round if your player continues on. So, for example, I picked Antonio Brown as one of my two WRs. He got 11 points for me. Because the Steelers won, I can keep him next week and if he gets 11 points again, it doubles to 22. If the Steelers win next week, it's triple points the week after, and so on. The points accumulate and the person with the most points at the end, wins. If the Steelers had lost, I'd have to pick a different WR to replace Brown next week. You want to pick players on teams that you feel are going deep.

This year I'm trying something a little different. You can pick players who have a round 1 bye and get double the points next week without the risk of them getting knocked out in Round 1 and having to select someone else. The down-side is that I'm behind others.

My team is Brady, David Johnson, Eddie Lacy, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Gronk, Hauschka, and AZ DEF.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I did it, but I couldn't post my ideal lineup because it cost too much - it was the say lineup I used in DraftKings. I placed in the 50K range, so I'm not moving on.
    DraftKings was a wild ride for me. I play low stakes - a $3, $1 and 4 .25 cent games for each available scenario (this weekend I did the Saturday only, the Sunday only and the whole weekend) but since I'm slightly up the eight weeks (the last time I re-upped my account), I added a couple double up games to what I normally do.
    I didn't win a cent Saturday and was out of the cash at halftime of the GB-WAS game, then all my guys decided to score and boom, finished up $15 on the weekend. Those double-ups are the way to go and I wish I did them all season.

Draft saved Draft deleted