1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

His rise as a fantasy star means he'll be the QB taken way too early next year.
    However, he's trending in the right direction. Kid is gonna be a superstar if the Jags can keep that nucleus together.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering about that myself. While it's possible he'll get overvalued, that 86 percent ownership rate - despite scoring 21+ points in 9 of 16 games - suggests that fantasy owners are still skeptical of him. It's possible he'll still be undervalued next season.

3. Rhody31

Hopefully he'll be that guy I draft in the 10th round when I'm tipsy and remembered I need to take a QB.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lost my title game. Had a lot of talent, but they were hurting and/or were ineffective. No McCoy and Jeffrey. Replacements didn't do much. Got killed by Allen Robinson.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Looking back at my draft, it turns out I had a pretty lousy one that was saved by some good waiver work. I finished the season with only six of the 15 players I drafted - Cobb (2), Hilton (3), Brees (4), Cooper (5), Yeldon (6) and Freeman (11). Freeman was, obviously, my best pick by far, finishing as the top running back (though he struggled in the second half until the past two weeks). McFadden was my only other RB in the top 15 at the position.

None of those three receivers finished in the top 15 at their position (Cooper was the best of the bunch at 16th). Ted Ginn, a waiver acquisition, was my best receiver (ranked 14th).

Brees was solid as a fourth-rounder, finishing as the sixth-rated QB, but he was terribly inconsistent until the last month. Bortles finished as the 3rd QB and 3rd overall player, so he was a great waiver acquisition. He also allowed me to flip Eli Manning for Gronkowski, which was a huge move for me. I was only getting about 6 ppg from a mishmash of TEs before I acquired him, and he gave me a solid 11-12 ppg.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Damn. I finished third and had only two players (Wilson, OBJ) from my draft still on my team.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

In the two leagues I clinched yesterday:

First one, I started out 5-0 (7-1) despite three of my first four picks being Bell, Bryant and Hyde. But the lineup I started in the title game included the QB (Brady) I drafted, one of the RBs (L. Murray) I drafted, three WRs (Evans, Maclin, Landry) I drafted and the one player I traded for at midseason (A. Robinson).

Second one, I started out 1-5 and made multiple moves almost every week looking for the right values/combinations. The lineup I started yesterday only included two players I drafted -- A. Brown and Cooks.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My championship team had one (1) player I drafted in the lineup for the title game -- Eric Decker (12th round).

To be fair, that's because Beckham (2nd round) was suspended.

In addition, I got a large contribution during the season from Chris Ivory (5th), and I traded Jordan Matthews (4th) for Todd Gurley just after Gurley's first big game.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Clinched a third title tonight with a mix of originals and adds. Julio, Maclin and Martin were drafted; Bortles, Baldwin, D. Johnson and Barnidge were waiver pickups.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In case any one is interested, the rest of the championship game lineup was:

Bortles
    David Johnson
    Jeremy Maclin
    Delanie Walker
    Allen Hurns
    Cairo Santos
    KC defense

11. sostartled

sostartled Member

Was up for going into MNF, and was leading by a point in the 4th due to Nugent's missed FG and Denver's DEF not doing anything. Nugent's 50+ yard FG and Denver's two sacks (and fumble recovery in OT), gave my opponent at 7 pt victory. I'm bummed, but I lucked into the Championship anyway, so I can't be too upset.

Time to start planning for next year!

12. Rhody31

Is anyone playing Week 17?
    My college league has a "Royal Rumble." You pick two players from your roster, most points wins $120.
    Cam and Beckham are running out there for me. Hate to bench DeAndre Hopkins, but I have to anticipate Newton going nuts to make up for last week and Beckham trying to prove something after the suspension.

Draft saved Draft deleted