1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Understood about the effect Rodgers has, but think of how much Lacy produced last year as a 2nd-year back in an offense that is not geared around the run. He still gained 1,100-plus yards on the ground and 400-plus receiving. They're going to find ways to get him the ball.

The Vikings, meanwhile, are going to constantly see seven, even eight men in the box and their O-line sucks as it is. It will take a minor miracle for Peterson to maintain his 5-yards per carry career average.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If I have the No. 1 pick, I'll likely go Lacy. Then just hope I survive the few weeks he gets 12 carries for 40 yards.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Bell's suspension being reduced to two games boosts his stock, but I still wouldn't take him in the top 5. Hate having to start a season with a giant hole in the lineup.

Curious to see how people treat Gronk with the uncertainty likely to hover over his QB for a while. If DFG still isn't resolved as the season nears, I assume he still goes late first to mid-second. If this somehow ends with Brady conceding before the season starts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gronk fall 10-12 spots.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't think it affects Gronk that much. Garoppolo will be good enough.

Frankly, I think yesterday was good for him for 2015. I see Brady suing and playing a full 2015 season, with the suspension possibly occurring in 2016.

I've got Bell in a keeper league where he'd cost 1-9. I think this firms it up that I'm going to keep him, although I'll probably shop him before the draft to see if anyone values him enough where I can get another top RB and move up in another round. I think the Lynch owner in that league is in a spot where that might work.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Talent-wise, Bell is the best running back the Steelers have ever had, and it's not even close.

You would be crazy not to keep him. I would take him first overall in a heartbeat and draft Williams in the 7th or 8th round as a bookend. If Bell goes down, Williams is a top-10 back in that offense.

6. 93Devil

And Pittsburgh's o-line last year was pretty damn good and pretty damn young. They are going to be really good for the next 3-4 years. DeCastro is a masher.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Keeping him in that scenario is fine. Taking him in the first couple picks overall is a different story.

And the Steelers' offense without Bell is not a top 10 anything. DeAngelo Williams won me a fantasy title seven years ago, but he's a shell of a good RB. He's not a viable handcuff, IMO.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Another question with Bell is that he recently said his knee is not 100 percent. Of course, if enough people bypass him in the first round and he falls to the latter part, I'll be happy to draft him and grab Forte, Anderson or Murray on the wraparound.

9. Big Circus

Post-auction roster. Most likely lineup is QB/RB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DST.

Cam Newton
    Derek Carr
    Andy Dalton
    Mark Sanchez

Adrian Peterson
    Jeremy Hill
    Mark Ingram
    Alfred Morris
    Duke Johnson
    Terrance West
    Denard Robinson
    Stevan Ridley

Julio Jones
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Vincent Jackson
    DeVante Parker
    Stevie Johnson
    Phillip Dorsett
    Sammie Coates

Owen Daniels
    Jace Amaro
    Eric Ebron
    Tyler Kroft

Rams D
    Lions D

10. 93Devil

Bell and Roethlisberger are the keys to that offense. The playoffs last year showed that. I agree that without Bell, the offense lags dramatically, but so does almost any offense losing a player of that talent.

11. 93Devil

How many teams? PPR?

12. Big Circus

10 teams, .7 ppr, 4.5 passing TDs. Keep as many as you can fit under your cap.

Draft saved Draft deleted