1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

In this example, the difference between the 3rd and 12th Qbs, is around 50 points. Over 16 weeks. Over simplified math, but IMO, illustrates exactly why you can't overrate QBs.....not RBs.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Running back on the wrong side of 30 (albeit with low mileage) who hasn't played in 20 months running behind a lousy offensive line for a team he doesn't like. It's fair to question whether he can be the same back he was. He's certainly a risk at No. 1 overall.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm biased, but Minny's O-line is better than you think, pern. They were missing their best run blocker, Brandon Fusco, for most of last season. And Matt Kalil was a good football player not terribly long ago.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Now don't go drafting Peterson, BC.

5. Big Circus

Oh, I know heartbreak lies that way. I did snatch him up at a relatively depressed price in an auction dynasty league, but I don't think I'll own him anywhere else.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Having not played in 20 months (relatively speaking, since he did play one game last year, I think) is to Peterson's advantage. He'll be fresh. And he'll be rather determined. Peterson's more than a few things, but not an on-field pouter. He'd run for 1,800 yards on a team he loathed just to prove a point.

7. Mr. Sunshine

He'll run like his son from his daddy.

8. Big Circus

Sunshine, I swear to God I thought your previous post just meant that I was a Vikings fan and that it would ensure he got hurt. All I can say in my defense is that you know how fucking hot it was in my neck of the woods, and my kids spent all day running around outside. My brain was pretty much done for the day by the time I read that.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. sostartled

sostartled Member

I love me some fantasy football! Never too early!

My league is doing keepers this year, and I'm trying to decide between Arian Foster or CJ Anderson. Foster is high-risk/high-reward; Anderson was a stud, but I've heard talk about splitting carries, etc. in Denver. Thoughts?

10. Big Circus

The dynasty auction I mentioned earlier starts today. I kept:

Cam Newton
    Derek Carr
    Adrian Peterson
    Jeremy Hill
    Alf Morris
    Mark Ingram
    Terrance West
    Debate Robinson
    Stevan Ridley
    Julio Jones
    Vincent Jackson
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Stevie Johnson
    Owen Daniels
    Eric Ebron
    Rams D

If you're asking "Why did he keep that guy?", the answer is "he was cheap." 25-man rosters. Contract max is 4 years, and I only went that long with Newton, Hill and Ingram.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not buying into his determination to prove a point if I'm selecting first overall in a fantasy league. I'm more concerned with Minnesota's crappy offensive line and Peterson's career 2,000 carries than any point he's trying to make.

Peterson may be a beast this year like in the past, but you can't deny there are questions worth asking if you're thinking about drafting him.

Lacy averaged 4.5 yards per carry, had 1,600 total yards, 40 receptions and nine TDs. He doesn't have to come out on third down. He's just entering his prime. He's as close to a sure thing as a No. 1 pick as you'll find this season. I'll take him over Peterson.

12. Mr. Sunshine

The red flag with Lacy is that the Packers will never be a running team with Rodgers around. Having said that, Lacy is the safe pick at No. 1. I don't like him at No. 1, but of the top backs, I like Charles because he has the best handcuff. You get Davis later, you're still in a good spot if Charles gets injured.

Draft saved Draft deleted