1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The DLs of many fantasy baseball teams would beg to differ.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

True, but there seems to be a lot more flexibility in baseball. Guess it depends on the size of the league.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is that football is tougher or just that luck is a much larger factor than it is in baseball.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jack, it's a bit more complicated than that. You have to draft a bit based on what is rare, and what might be left by the time your NEXT pick comes along. Like Sunshine said earlier, there may be only a couple of three down backs these days, with RBBC and pass happiness impacting totals. But as your table shows, there are 6 to 8 top QBs, making them less rare.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Position scarcity increases RBs' value. The problem is that the top guys are rarely the same from year to year. So you end up with owners foolishly chasing RBs early. Remember when Doug Martin and C.J. Spiller were considered elite? Wasn't that long ago.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Just for the hell of it, I took Luck first in a 12-team standard league mock. Hill, Ingram, Forsett, Hyde and Gordon were all available.

In a real league, Hill would likely be gone and probably at least one other one. Still, though, you can take Luck or Rodgers and have potentially good RBs available.

Of course, then you have to make sure and not fuck up your receivers. They all flew off the board by the end of the second. Mike Evans was the only big name left.

8. JackReacher

Yup. One of the reasons I quit playing fantasy football. Well, that and the fact that I stink at it.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

CJ Anderson. He'll be sitting there in the third or fourth round and, with Kubiak's offense, he's a great pick.

What is the question around Peterson, exactly? He's going to play, is he not? He's the best running back in the league.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Anderson may be the biggest wild card in the draft. But he'll go no later than mid-second in any league. More likely late first in most.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jack, was that a PPR scoring system you linked?

12. JackReacher

I believe so, yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted