1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Basketball League Opens Up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

All right, since I claim I am going to watch the NBA this season I am in.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice.

I'm glad we got 10.

Shit, the NHL leagues filled up faster.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Because some people on here actually watch the NHL?

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know any hockey fans besides the ones on this site. It is strange, really.

5. 93Devil

Ok, I changed up the rosters and stat categories.

For the rosters, I decided to go with a PG, SG, SF, PF, C and four UTILs. Jut like a real team with a starting five and four guys who contribute every night in reserve. I also have three bench slots to give our rosters a total of 12 guys.

The stat categories are pretty traditional except I have two rebounding categories (O and D REBS) because having four categories for scoring but only one for rebounding just did not seem right. I almost added the asst/turn ratio but added turnovers to hurt the teams that take players that do not value the basketball.

See everyone Wednesday night at 6 EST.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never done the percentages or turnovers in a head-to-head. Usually, I just do field goals made, free throws made, 3-pointers made, points, offensive and total rebounds, blocks, assists, steals. But your set-up should be more than cool.

I'm ready to go.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, my roster shall be set every morning, fine sir. At this point, checking my teams is like a bodily function. I don't even need to think about it.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Is there any way you can move the time later in the day? I found out that the team we cover has a regional final volleyball game at the same time. Any chance of moving it?

9. 93Devil

Any one else up for changing the draft time to 8 or 830? Honestly, I do not know if yahoo will allow this switch so close to the draft time.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Good luck in the draft folks, I won't be there. I pre-ranked 85 players. Let's see where that gets me. I will be open to all trades following the draft.

11. 93Devil

*1. earlyentry 129-79-2
    *2. Backdoor Gunners 124-81-5
    *3. Sterling Silver 117-87-6
    *4. BrownieMix Bombers 118-90-2
    *5. MayGeorgeShinnDIAF 117-90-3
    *6. Pittsburgh Pisces 114-91-5
    7. Catch the Ball Nerd 109-98-3
    8. Heffernan's Heroes 105-101-4
    9. KevinDurantDurant 88-118-4
    10. L.A. Drama Mamas 80-128-2
    11. Angola! 69-137-4
    12. Chicos Bail Bonds 69-139-2

This is how it has shaken out before the playoffs.

My (Catch the Ball Nerd) not dealing Ming to Early Entry for Deron Williams probably cost me a playoff spot.

Good luck to all still alive.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The top of that league is very, very close. Looks competitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted