1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy baseball league with keepers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Question, 93D:

I have the first pick and I have the highest waiver priority. This is a bad example since it's not going to happen, but let's say Matt Wieters makes the club out of ST (he won't, but there are players who will who aren't in the Y! game yet). Does the team that picks the O's system get Wieters or do I get the first crack at him through waivers?

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

So sometime between this posting and the draft, this apparently changed, and it definitely needs to be resolved.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Hey I need some pitching.
    A-Rod is on the table, so if anyone wants him I would like a mid to low starter and a mid closer or a top closer and a mid reliever.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Agreed. This will alter my minor league draft choice. I'm basically wondering if I draft TB.... Do I get Price?

5. Precious Roy

I think since the draft is over, then we go to the farm system thing. If you wanted to use a spot on Price or Wieters then you could have used a draft pick on him. That's why we are doing it that way right? So we can use the farm systems?

6. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

That's not how understood it. I thought Price wasn't going to be on a ML roster, so you couldn't keep him. And Wieters couldn't be drafted since he wasn't in the system.

7. Precious Roy

So weird, a friend of mine has Wieters on his team, he was available in early March. I don't know what the deal is.
    I think that if you drafted Baltimore, you should get the players in the farm system and members of the team that are not available as of draft time that are members of the team, which would be Wieters.
    However, I see what you mean, and we do need some clarification from the commish on the issue.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

The commish said immediately before the draft that anyone who started the season in the minors would be property of the minor league system, even if they were drafted. He said the drafting player would lose the rights to any players who started the season in the minors.

Because that ruling changed the way some of us drafted, I don't think we can reverse it now.

9. Precious Roy

Sounds good to me.
    I wasn't at the draft, so autopilot kept me from drafting any kiddies.
    Can't wait to draft my farm club at No. 3.

10. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Well, if Price is on the TB minor roster, I choose TB with my first pick.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, just to fuck things up a bit...

Am I crazy, or is Colby Rasmus not in this thing yet?

The SOB will be a starting OF for St. Louis this season, but he was not in the draft. I am guessing he is going to pop up on the waiver wire soon, which is bullshit.

OK, unless Price stays in the ML, he is the property of the Rays ML system. If he is demoted, he is part of the minor league system. Since Rasmus was not part of the draft, I will consider him part of the Cardinals' minor league system.

If Rasmus pops up on a ML roster, he is property of the team drafting the Cardinals' system.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wasn't this our pre-draft conclusion?

& Trey, you want to trade OFs or for OFs?

& you're right, the Rasmus thing is odd, I have him (FA) in a different league.

Draft saved Draft deleted