1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy baseball league with keepers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

11:30 would work much better for me. 9 I probably wouldn't be able to make.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The Glenn Dale Guardians have joined the league.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So has The Royals Chopper. PECOTA!

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Count me in if needed.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Bumpin' Utleys is ready for action.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

The Springfield Isotopes are in and ready to rock!

Also, how will we select the farm systems, is that part of the draft too?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We have 13 teams right now. I have a feeling a team or two did not join because of the draft time, so I will give a 24 hour grace.

If the two spots are not taken by this time tomorrow, I will send out two more invites.

---

Questions have been asked about the selecting of minor league franchises. I want to do a drafting process through PMs or emails. The team with the first pick would have the first and 30th picks. The team with the 15th, would also have the 16th.

The question of when to do it, though, is bothering me.

I think doing the franchise selection would work best if we started the day after the 25-man ML roster was set.

If someone drafts a player like Dexter Fowler in the live draft, but he starts the year in the minors, then the drafting team would lose the rights to Fowler. The team with Colorado's minor league system would then have his rights.

Does that work for everyone?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Assuming we're doing it through PM/email (i.e. not some on-the-clock Yahoo thing) that should be fine for me.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I've never done anything like this before, so whatever is normal is fine, but it seems to me that if you're willing to waste a draft pick & a roster spot for the guy, you should be allowed to hold on to him. We'll see who was drafted and can pick teams accordingly.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I agree with Guy. Here's what I propose:

Say somebody drafts Rasmus but he starts the season in the minors, then we all know Rasmus is not part of the Cardinals minor league system -- unless that team drops Rasmus before he gets called up, at which point he becomes property of the team holding the St. Louis farm clubs.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I guess we could leave it up to Yahoo.

Rasmus might not even be available to draft.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Works for me. I'm just so intrigued by the whole idea that I can't wait to get this started.

Draft saved Draft deleted