1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy baseball 2017

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 8, 2017.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Niiiice.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. :D

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I took it because it's such a deep league that hitters are incredible hard to come by, so even if he doesn't pick it up, Hanley is as valuable as anyone in the deal. Carrasco should be a safer bet than berrios and I'm not sold on both the closers holding the job all year. We'll see.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Piscotty has pretty much sucked, although the hamstring may have been part of the reason. Too early to give up on him, or cut him and pick up Domingo Santana?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

People I've plucked off the waiver wire for $1 in my keeper league this season:
    Antonio Senzatela
    Logan Morrison
    Scott Schebler
    Marwin Gonzalez

Those sorts of pickups seem to swing things in this league, especially when $14 guys like Piscotty have struggled.

cjericho likes this.
  6. bigpern23

I dropped him at the beginning of May and haven't regretted it. He's only owned in about half of Yahoo! leagues.

7. cjericho

8. cjericho

Lo Mo, Bour and Smoak are all available in my daily league and all are putting up solid numbers. Somehow D Murphy qualifies at 1B and I also have Will Myers and Thames to play at 1B. I'd definitely pick up Morrison or Bour if they qualified at OF. My OF is a bit weak, got Myers, Thames and Mazara, waiting for Pollock to come back. Waiting for Odor to heat up, usually play him at 2B and Murph at 1B, not sure how Yahoo has him at 1B and 2B but won't complain.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Assuming he returns quickly from his current ankle problem, I'd make room for Bour. The power is legit and right now he is producing more than Odor. Better to play Murphy at 2B and Bour at first.

Free agents always play a huge role. One team in my keeper league has been devastated by injuries. Donaldson, then Freeman and Trout. But he picked up Zimmerman early, then Bour, and they have picked up much of the slack.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Alonso and Owings, though the latter seems to be fading. No way I survive the injuries and crappy seasons from key hitters without those two.

10. cjericho

You like Bour better than Lo Mo? I think so, both are available. My buddy, who is one of a very few Mariners fans in NJ-NY, gets sick every time Morrison and Smoak go yard..

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Morrison has had stretches when he looked good before. Bour has had more of a steady improvement. I like the developmental arc better, which makes me trust Bour's growth more.

Edit: Just saw a report that Bour's injury is a bone bruise and he might go on the DL.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. bigpern23

Not sure what site you use, but I think Yahoo! and CBSSports give positional eligibility to guys who have played at least 10 games at a position the previous season or five games during the current season. Murphy played like 25 or 30 games at 1B last season, so I'm assuming that's why he qualifies.

Draft saved Draft deleted