1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 18, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Della, when are cuts due and when is the draft?

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I already filled the spot but I still have five teams that need to renew.

The keeper deadline is March 25. draft is the 27th at 4 eastern

3. outofplace

Hopefully, everybody renews or somebody else jumps in if you need one. I can't do the 27th. That, and I should probably stop at two leagues. Not that I will, but I should. :D

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I haven't paid any attention at all, and for some reason I have a league that is drafting tonight (and expanded to 17 teams). Anything I should know?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Aroldis Chapman is suspended 30 games (I suspect you already knew that). Zack Wheeler is out until June, but might be worth stashing with a late-rounder.

Tom Wilhelmsen was a solid closer last year for the Mariners, but it's unlikely he shuts the door in Texas.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

6. bigpern23

Submitted five keepers Thursday night - Conforto, Franco, Severino, McCullers and Addison Russell. Of course, the next day, it turns out McCullers is experiencing shoulder soreness and may start the season on the DL. Anyway, those are my guys and since the first four were all undrafted free agent acquisitions, I can select their order of draft from 22-25. Russell was my 23rd round pick last year, so he automatically slots in at 21.

I'm thinking of going in the order listed above, giving me the most value out of Conforto and Franco because position players are simply more reliable than hurlers. Any reason I should think otherwise?

7. outofplace

So, Conforto counts as your 25th rounder and McCullers as 22nd? I think that makes sense, especially with the new injury concern for McCullers.

8. Guy_Incognito

I need 10 keepers. Leaning toward the bolded players. Would any of you keep a closer instead?

Andrew McCutchen Pit - OF

Miguel Cabrera Det - 1B

Adrián González LAD - 1B

Justin Upton Det - OF

Robinson Canó Sea - 2B

Matt Carpenter StL - 2B,3B

Grégory Polanco Pit - OF

Curtis Granderson NYM - OF

Jorge Soler ChC - OF

Ben Zobrist ChC - 2B,OF

Rusney Castillo Bos - OF

Mitch Moreland Tex - 1B

Yan Gomes Cle - C

Yunel Escobar LAA - 3B

Cameron Maybin Det - OF

Mark Canha Oak - 1B,OF

Eduardo Escobar Min - 2B,3B,SS,OF

David Price Bos – SP

Sonny Gray Oak - SP

Cole Hamels Tex - SP

Jeurys Familia NYM - RP

Trevor Rosenthal StL - RP

Michael Pineda NYY - SP

Lance McCullers Hou - SP

Gio González Was - SP

Brad Ziegler Ari - RP

Jaime García StL - SP

Arodys Vizcaíno Atl - RP

Clay Buchholz Bos - SP

Trevor Bauer Cle - SP

Mark Buehrle Tor - SP

9. outofplace

What is the format? In a vacuum, I'd go with what you have in bold. I like Familia, but his track record is very limited and I think he is your best closer. I think the pitchers you listed have more value.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Was thinking I might keep Ziegler or Familia over Hamels, but I'm not sold on it. I have never been a big Hamels guy.

11. Guy_Incognito

Pretty standard, 12 team, h2h. Thanks.

12. bigpern23

Yes and yes. The injury concern is why I put McCullers at 22. I'm hoping it's not a big deal, but if it is, I get more value out of Conforto at 25. If McCullers' injury news had come a day sooner, I probably would have kept Arenado at 1.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted