1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2009 Running Advice Thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I think Gonzalez is often overlooked, but he'll put up big numbers. No way you should do it if a pick is involved. I likely wouldn't do it anyway for reasons already stated, but it's not a terrible offer for Loney and Upton.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree. I'd consider it without the pick, just because it also makes room for another keeper for me (probably Victorino), but with the pick it is too much.

I understand his problem, though. He's only getting Upton out of the deal and the third team would get Kazmir from him and Loney from me for Gonzalez. I think the third team should be kicking in the pick, but right now I think the whole thing is going to fall apart.

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

So all he is getting is Upton? He'd better not do that deal. And the third team getting Kazmir and Loney is getting the best end of that by far if I'm following it right.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is why he wants a draft pick, and why I think it should come from the team getting Kazmir and Loney.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

It definitely should not come from you, but if I'm Team 3 I'm probably not giving away Gonzalez and a draft pick for that either.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My only thinking with Uggla is that his offensive production is harder to replace at second base than it would be for Hart in the outfield. I am also keeping Manny Ramirez and Matt Kemp in the outfield, so I'd be looking at filling one spot.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I'd also kick around the idea to each of them of including a low-round pick for you, too.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'd keep Uggla for that reason alone, Appgrad05. It's hard to find good offensive production -- and pop -- at 2B.

Hart's an excellent player, but there's OF available that might give you 75-80 percent of what he provides.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OK, I get to keep one hitter, one pitcher and one Under-25 guy (though, you can hold onto this person for three years and keep using them as your under-25 guy, or franchise player).

I'm keeping ARod as my hitter.

Right now, I have the rights to Carlos Zambrano as my under-25 guy until the end of the 2009 season, my question is this: Should I move Zambrano to my pitching keeper and keep BJ Upton as my under-25 guy?

Here are the pitchers I would even consider keeping:

Roy Oswalt
    Ben Sheets
    Edinson Volquez
    Carlos Zambrano
    Randy Wolf
    Mariano Rivera
    Justin Duchscherer

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Keep Upton, there's nobody with nearly as much upside in your group of pitchers, IMO.

11. Volquez. Volquez. Volquez.

And Zambrano.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Volquez has a lot of upside. I wouldn't think twice about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted