1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Fantastic Lies' 30 for 30

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 12, 2016.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I had forgotten Gottlieb killed himself. That fucking guy was a disgrace to law enforcement.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't see how justice prevailed before technology (DNA, cell phone records, ATM records, etc).

The show was pretty damn good considering that the five biggest protagonists (3 players, Nifong, Chrystal) didn't speak.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The short answer, I can tell you from my experience re-investigating some convictions from before that time, is that it very frequently didn't.

One project I would like to take on some day, given the time and resources, is to basically start re-investigate a year of homicide convictions in Chicago. Perhaps from the '80s.

4. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

This piece by KC Johnson, the history professor who obsessively followed the case and coauthored Until Proven Innocent, the best book on the case, does not paint a very favorable picture of William Cohan, who appears to have believed everything Nifong ever told him.

William D. Cohan, Truth-Seeker

Draft saved Draft deleted