1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Four (You all are going to love me for this)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Jan 1, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Finally got to see it (can't load this stuff at work). Looks cool, though not much we haven't seen before in terms of effects.

The Surfer handling the Human Torch like a man taking a boy to school seemed about right.

2. Out: I took your advice and went to Wikipedia. Good advice; got the scoop. And yes SS versus Torchboy = no contest.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Looks sweet. Can't wait. I'm also looking forward to 'Ghostrider" with Nick Cage.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Interesting background on Silver Surfer. Not excited at all about FF, though. The first movie was crap -- even with Jessica Alba. The Spider Man movies were about 100 times better.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My god that movie looks bad. I'll watch it, though it's a toss up as to whether I get to the theater for it or not (and, yes, I do watch movies I know will be bad).

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm a Marvel fanboy, collected for years. Plus isn't Eva Mendez in it? I'm there. :)

Nice SS summary, outofplace. :)

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Come on people, the real news is the live-action Transformers flick coming out! Regardless how bad Bay butchers the franchise I'll be there.

In this movie Bumblebee (a camaro in this movie) is taller than Jazz (a pontiac solstice (sp?)); Megatron and Strarscream look like garbage in robot form; no Wheeljack or Starscream's sidekicks. Hardly a mention of Cybertron.

Yes I'm a loser fanboy. But then again, I'm part of Club 1981.

8. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Yeah. Me too, RokSki.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I'm sorry, but that Transformers promo looked like shit! If it weren't for it being a Bay film, I'm betting that thing would go the way of the Captain America movie and the original FF movie (the one made but never released).

10. boots

boots New Member

I am Mr. Comic Book growing up. The Silver Surfer was cool but it will be interesting to see who plays Galactus and the Watcher.
    Personally, I want to see a movie on The Avengers or Captain America and The Falcon.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Captain America is supposed to be in the works, but after Iron Man.

There has been talk of doing an Avengers movie, but not until after they have made Iron Man and Cap.

Never heard anything on Falcon.

Yup, I'm a fanboy, too. There's quite a few on here. Only reason I'm not Piotr Rasputin on this site is because somebody beat me to it.

12. boots

boots New Member

I still remember the song from the Iron Man cartoon.
    "Tony Stark,
    makes you feel,
    he's the coolest cat
    with the heart to steel.
    Classic stuff there. And For those who didn't know, Marvel had a short series run featuring, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and the Sub-Mariner (who never quite got his due) back in the mid 1960's. I believe the year was 1966.

Draft saved Draft deleted