1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Four 2 -- You pumped?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rokski2, Jun 12, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I forgot his name on his planet. If he wanted a gag, I guess he got it. Good for him.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Norrin Radd is the Silver Surfer's real name .... the poster known as Norrin Radd also renamed himself in honor of the upcoming movie.

Edit: Rok beat me to it

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rise of the Silver Surfer...whatta howler of a name for a film. If it turns out badly, it will be known as a Heaven's Gate-type bomb because of the title.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Just read the AP review of it on the wire. Apparently, comic purists like myself and boots will probably not like this one.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Does he look like this guy?

[​IMG]

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha! Actually, I could see him coming out even worse than that if done badly.

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

That was freaking awesome. First LOL moment of the day.

Is that Grimace? So, "Galactus will be Grimacing" when he makes his appearance in FF2? Ha ha. :)

8. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

There is no "Galactus as cloud" (other than maybe as forshadowing for later reveal). However, my sources say that it won't be the 30 ft plus version of Galactus, they will do something translatable for the movie & new audience.

Correct as to Surfers powers. He has Cosmic Power and is roughly equivalent to a god (Thor, Odin, Zeus) except that his power is so much more flexible.

Surfer was a normal citizen of Zenn-La whom Galactus made into his powerful Herald (scout for planets to destroy for Galactus food).

He also was the most powerful of Galactus' Heralds. As Galactus infuses his Herald's with some of his own power after the Surfer turned on him he felt it was smart not to give too much power to them. That being said future Heralds were still very powerful (Air Walker, Terrax, etc.)

Incorrect as to (original story) Sue Storm making him spare Earth. That would be Alicia Masters who made him remember his "humanity". Ultimately, he couldn't have Galactus kill a planet so teaming with interesting life. He teamed up with the FF to get a super weapon called the Ultimate Nullifier to back Galactus off.

Subsequently Galactus let SS go but imprisoned him to Earth.

Anyway, that is real knowledge from a real fan/collector/investor of the comics/company for years and not some wannabe Wiki look up or Internet rumor finder.

If done correctly this can be a smash hit. We will see, but I would bet with MVL.

Also, on that note. Spidey 3 was awesome & Venom was great. If you didn't see the movie then you should shut up. The villians & action were clearly the best part and quite true to the comics. Clearly, in a two hour + movie you have limitations & expectations need to be realistic. All I can say is look at the WWBO receipts they are sky high & the highest of the franchise (close to $900M!!) so that speaks. Or as I like to say scoreboard.

In the end, like it our not these are not pure "fanboy" projects with huge budgets (that generate huge cool effects & good casts) they need to make a mass market appeal film & that is what they do.

John

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The second quote renders the first one apocryphal.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was thinking the exact same thing, oh hater of Gwen Stefani's music.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I pull hot chicks because of my demonstrable abilities in wielding the Power Cosmic.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Power's sexy. What can I say?

Draft saved Draft deleted