1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Four 2 -- You pumped?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rokski2, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for Aquaman: Fish Walk With Me

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Only if Vinnie Chase plays Aquaman.

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Yes!!

Galactus is in it I believe. I think the movie will be strong. Story & Doom were weak last time but cast was great & had tremendous chemistry.

This one should be much better.

I used to collect the comics & was a long-time investor in MVL (currently in cash). So, I am pretty up to speed on this.

Also disagree about Spidy 3. It was the best & worst of the three in parts but overall was the best in my opinion.

John

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

This discussion belongs on the geek thread.

As for the movie . . . . . I'm not excited at all.

Doubt I'll see it at all. Maybe on home video.

Not that into comic books. Hell, I had never heard of the Silver Surfer until the movie trailers came out.

If someone can explain to me what his character is all about, I might appreciate it. Thanks.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They better not fuck up Galactus. But early rumors say that they will. Supposedly Galactus (who in the comics is 30 feet tall and weighs 18 tons and wears an awesome purple outfit) will be a FREAKING CLOUD

Although I did find this online, which looks pretty damn cool. Don't know if it's from the movie, but I'll take it if it is:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

My friends and I counted four musical scenes in Spidey 3. Not to mention that Venom, arguably his best villain, was born and killed in 20 minutes.

Maybe I just hate Tobey Maguire with the goth haircut. God that was annoying.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

The Silver Surfer will draw in a few folks ... Jessica Alba will draw in a few more ...

The prospect of Galctus, even Cloud Galactus, will draw in the nerds ...

I'm not expecting much here, just a few hours of mindless entertainment, some nice special effects and a silver naked man flying around the galaxy on a surfboard. Yeah, it's worth five bucks for a matinee.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with you. Buck.

Hey I've got a great idea. Let's get Jessica Alba in the picture and make her invisible!

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Jessica Alba is going to be naked, yes. If not, no.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You could save some $$ and skip Shrek III and Spidey III... Shrek was disappointing, but Spidey 3 was pure shit...

Knocked Up is tremendous...

I have zero desire to see the Fantastic Four sequel... Probably because the first one sucked ass...

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

No I am not pumped for this movie. I'd rather see Spiderman 3 a third time than see this movie (and I did not have a great review of Spidey :eek:)

Draft saved Draft deleted