1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fans sue to stop NFL pat downs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Notepad

Notepad Member

On a kind of unrelated note, I have never understood why baseball fans, when their team is playing in the final game of a series, can take a damn broom with them into the stadium.
    I know that I could do a ton of damage with a broom if a fight broke out

So why is the broom allowed in?

2. mb

mb Active Member

In some places, brooms aren't allowed.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

They pat people down, but it's OK to carry this stuff in:

[​IMG]

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

My point with the brooms exactly.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In your first post you generalized pat downs as "NFL PAT DOWNS" so sorry if I thought that included the Lions who happen to be in the NFL.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, my initial post was too generalized. I will edit it to more accurately reflect the story. Still, it helps to read a story before commenting on it.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I hate walking into Heinz Field and having to turn on my laptop and my cell phone and having to prove they're real devices and not going to blow us all to smithereens, and I hate the accompanying evil looks that come with waiting for my computer to boot up, then turn down correctly.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

For me, I don't really mind the pat down all that much. If somehow, somewhere, it stops some person from being a total fuck and messing up my enjoyment of the game, I don't mind it so much. It's like 5 seconds out of my life.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

One thing that is getting silly to me is the pat downs for press members with press passes entering the press gate to go to the press box.

Why?

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If the pat downs the NFL is doing are as incomplete and worthless as the ones done at the MU/KU game last year, they might as well just get rid of them anyway. Anyone with half a brain could have gotten a weapon in, and they just stacked the lines massively to get in.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Because everyone knows that media types are sympathetic to terrorists and could easily be recruited as agents of mass destruction.

Draft saved Draft deleted