1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan's recording of high-school kid's 'flagrant fouls' goes viral

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some of you people seem to be against guys who spent the year preparing for basketball season by downing Doritos while playing NBA 2011 on the xbox.

Those guys work just as hard getting out of shape as the good players!

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

None of my people are against such guys. My people ARE those guys.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I do actually agree with Zag on one thought of his:
    I think that is a good way to stop some of this dumb shit in youth and high school sports - start embarrassing these idiots.

I don't have any problem with the uncle illuminating the thuggery. If he sent this video to PTI, etc, he should at least own up to it though.

This is a great message board topic, btw.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He buried the lede, though. Should have started with the worst offense. I got really turned off by seeing the first couple fouls -- which weren't bad at all -- replayed in slow motion.

It's like a writer starting the story with the first basket instead of the game-winner.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't disagree.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The first answer, if you are the opposing coach/players, is to bitch like hell to the refs and hope they pull their head out of their asses and start making calls on the thugs. Take a technical if that's what it takes.

If that doesn't happen -- and even if it does -- you should do things tactically that make the lard bags pay for their lack of speed and conditioning. Press 'em. Run 'em. Go Loyola Marymount on 'em. Run that fat boy until he's bent over clutching his gut.

Running a walk-it-up offense against a team of chunky thugs is like accepting an invitation into a phone booth to join them in a fight. Get out in the open court where those fatfucks can't run you down.

Then, if that doesn't work, escalate. Cheap shot. Elbows to the small of the back and the bridge of the neck. Finger pokes to the fat parts of the thigh. The ever popular nut punch from behind when they're not looking.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You almost had the high road there. I was rooting for ya. Oh, well.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

My observation as well. The big kid can't move so he fouls a lot.

That and my kids all played varsity basketball. My youngest was a four-year starter. Some of these fouls aren't worse than what he was subjected to, and often not called as a flagrant foul, or even a foul. Sometimes an offensive foul. Plus the times other players would take a swing at his head.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, if it looks like the refs aren't going to call anything, might as well get in some shots of your own.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Harsh but accurate. I think that video is more of an indictment of violated teams coach as opposed to officials.

He also could have pulled his team off the floor.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Those dorito-eating goons were defensive starters on the 1A state championship football team.

They are not random fatasses.

12. That wasn't the run-and-jump defense they were playing, though. More like stand and swing.

Draft saved Draft deleted