1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fans of jazz...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jul 3, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Is there anything better than Miles Davis' "Blue in Green" from Kind of Blue?

That is all.

Sincerely,
    A jazz newbie

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm certainly no jazz scholar but it would be tough to beat that one. Great, great album.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Yeah, Hug. It's so damn haunting. I just want to grab a cigar and a snifter of cognac and sit in front of a fireplace. I've never even tasted cognac.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I prefer Coltrane, and it doesn't get any better than Chronic Blues off his first album.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I love me some Thelonious Monk. Absolutely awesome.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Heard a damn good Art Blakey tune online yesterday. Not as good as Miles, though.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I concur. I do want Oliver Nelson's "Stolen Moments" in my top 5, though.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Enjoy boys and girls.

9. Boognish

Boognish Member

If I were stranded alone on a message board, this would be the album I would pick to accompany me for the long haul. But, not to be a hater, this is my least favorite song on the record. But being my least favorite song on Kind of Blue is like being my favorite song on any Tom Petty album.

Draft saved Draft deleted