1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fannin promoted

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Frank_Ridgeway, May 15, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Sports guy gets the top newsroom job:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/621072.html

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's incidental to great news for Mike, but I'm just wondering if he'll finish out the last month of his APSE presidency. I'm figuring he would, right?

3. Never met the man, but he puts out a hell of a sports section. Congrats to him.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Only met him in passing, but people I respect in the business swear he is (was) the best SE out there.

Based on the section, it's hard to doubt that.

5. Had the opportunity to work with Mike back in the day. This is proof that nice guys can finish first. Congrats, Mike.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

At first glance, I thought Fenian had been promoted to management here. I was ready to start the union.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I worked part time at the Star for a few years back in the late 90s. Mike never looked down on anyone, even the lowly part timers. Good guy and a deserved promotion.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought it said Fenian too.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Geez, a sports guy running a newspaper? Cue Bill Murray in Ghostbuster ... "cats and dogs living together."
    Congrats to Mr. Fannin and the Star.

10. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Congrats to Mike. The Star will only improve with him as boss.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

wfw

12. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Really good guy who has many star qualities ...Best might be his eye for acquiring talent as well as the ability to make those around him even better.

His career path has been an interesting one to follow, with lots of promotions and obviously APSE awards along the way. Quite a journalist.

Draft saved Draft deleted