1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fanhouse Writer has Issue with Gill Tight Ship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fanhouse writer takes Turner Gill to task on running a tight ship. I guess this guy has never heard of Lawrence Phillips.

Rules seem a tad tight but I applaud Gill for trying to keep his players in control.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/09/29/in-kansas-turner-gill-becomes-the-wizard-of-odd/?icid=main|main|dl4|sec1_lnk1|174805

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I have no problem if Gill does this. None what so ever.

However, I also have no problem if Pinkel, Snyder, Pelini and the rest of KU's competitors exploit this during recruiting.

Gill can run his program however he wants to. But there are consequences to this.

Can't Kansas hire a normal football coach?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Another FanHouse link not posted by me. Love it.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When Kansas fires him, Liberty will have him set for life.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bullshit. We know you're both Boom and 21.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A "tad tight?" Try ridiculous.

If one individual player is having problems, then apply the rules to that player. but to treat a whole team like mindless children? Dumb.

And I hope Turner totally fails because of his rival coaches telling players, "Hey, you want to meet women? Don't go to Kansas."

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem in this day and age about a coach cracking down. But is Turner Gill trying to imply that he courted his wife before 10 p.m. when he was at Nebraska?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kansas just lost to Baylor 55-7. Pretty sure Gill doesn't have to worry about any women wanting to bone his players.

9. Crash

Crash Active Member

Be for real. Most of the women in Lawrence don't even know Kansas has a football team.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm sure they heard about it after the stories about football and basketball players brawling at the student union.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I once covered a basketball coach who had all his practices at 6 a.m.

This was a team that had several players under the previous coach. With most of the same players, this coach had no players get in trouble for three straight years. I'm guessing that wasn't a coincidence.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That column is a piece of garbage. He comes across like a whiny college kid and offers nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted