1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FanHouse snags another

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, so this isn't as big a deal in terms of "name" or "wow" like some of FanHouse's other hires.

This is one is a big deal to me. Why?

It's me.

Yep, I'm going back in and joining FanHouse. Here's a partial transcript of the e-mail I just sent my extended family and a few others. In short, I like what they're all about. I probably spent too much time in the fall trying to make my Web site work and not enough time trying to make the overall business work. Live and learn. I can still keep the business alive, albeit on a limited scale. Which is fine. AOL FanHouse has great faith in me and will get a full-time-plus return on its investment.

Thanks for the support of (most) everyone here in recent months.

Part of that e-mail:

Who says life is supposed to settle down after 50? After making no career moves for 30 years, I’m on the move again – the third time since turning 50.

I’m thrilled to be joining the staff at AOL FanHouse (www.fanhouse.com). I will be a senior editor, exact duties and areas of supervision to be determined. The things we’ve discussed are all areas I’m comfortable with and have experience doing.

While I’ve enjoyed the freedom and flexibility of the freelance life, the opportunity to join a outstanding organization like this is one I can’t even think of turning down. FanHouse has a great plan for growth in place. I love what it is doing now and I love what it is planning. It has assembled an amazing staff. I take it as a tremendous compliment that the people there have so much faith in my ability.

Another great part of the deal for me is Harris Media Services isn’t going away. It will be scaled down considerably. AOL FanHouse is a full-time commitment and will receive more than a full-time effort. But I will still be able to teach, which I enjoy, and to do limited freelance writing.

Bookmark the site. Tell your friends. Visit often. You’ll have fun. You’ll find lots of great stuff.

MJH

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bring some of us along. Big congrats.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Huge congrats!

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Outstanding news!

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A great move for both parties. Congratulations!

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Congrats, Moddy!

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Congrats, Moddy!

8. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Man, the Moddy Pipeline never ... hey, wait a minute!

Congrats, Moddy.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'll definitely have to check out the web site.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wow, tremendous news. They've really done some great things there over the last year.....very very happy for you!

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! ;D

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I echo the congrats. As a senior editor do you have the power to hire SportsJournalists.com posters people? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted