1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan sues Yankees over "God Bless America" bathroom break

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Apr 15, 2009.

1. We're good, then.

You wanna hug this one out?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's not something I pay attention to, like I said, I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I have seen baseball vendors drop down during big (I mean game-deciding pitches) moments.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You need to wait for a stoppage in play in hockey as well. There are people at the top of the stairs preventing you from going to your seat until that stoppage occurs.

As to the rest… well, get up when you need to. If you can do it during a stoppage in play, all the better.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because one guy standing in the aisle, selling beer and food, is better than 10 or 20 people crossing past others in the aisle and running up the steps and concourse while others are trying to watch the game.

Put me down with those who wait for a break in the action to get food, hit the restroom, return to my seat, etc. Just because you're at a game doesn't mean you have to leave your manners at the house.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I guess I don't get it. Let's say I wait 20 minutes to go between half-innings. By the time I get my food, the inning has started. So now I have to miss a half-inning of action?

When I paid to attend the game? So that someone doesn't miss 1.2 seconds? Uh, no.

6. Never said you had to wait until the end of the inning. Plenty of time between batters.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But it's but between innings. Between batters is fine.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. I doubt it went down as described.

9. imjustagirl

But then...I'm still climbing stairs when the next guy steps in. Or (gasp) walking down the row, blocking peoples' views.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned, vendors are there to make sure people don't need to get up during the game for food.

You probably should have gotten to the game early and eaten before. Or, if that wasn't an option, you could send one person from your group (or just you) to get the food, and wait in an unobtrusive spot for the inning to end before going back to their seat. Heck, it doesn't even have to be an inning break. There's more than enough time between at-bats in an MLB game to get back into a seat. All you have to do is be aware of your surroundings and think things through.

If this is too much to ask, that you think things through and try to act in a manner most convenient for those around you, then you'll just have to live with people like me thinking you are rude and self-centered. I'm cool with you thinking I'm smug and judgmental.

11. imjustagirl

We're well past "thinking" it.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, I have other redeeming qualities. As I'm sure rude, self-centered people do. Nobody's perfect.

Draft saved Draft deleted