1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan sues Yankees over "God Bless America" bathroom break

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Apr 15, 2009.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's horrible. Hope the guy wins the lawsuit.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sweet Tebow, I hope he gets tons of cash for that.

Here's the thing...if I'm at a basketball game, I can get up and leave whenever I want to, and come back to my seat whenever I want to. Same with a football game. Eff baseball and its "no climbing stairs during action, no peeing during a shitty song, etc. etc."

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear the other version of the story.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But it's OK for an idiot to get up to go get a hot dog when the bases are juiced and Jeter is at the plate?

6. Yes. Deal with it.

7. 93Devil

No. You wait for a dead ball to go back to your seat at a basketball game.

I know it's old school, but I love seeing people respect this "rule."

8. 93Devil

I agree that the guy should be able to go during the song, but I hate people leaving or going back to their seats during play.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Which version is that? The one where they beat him with their nightsticks until he swore he has never been a member of the communist party?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I paid my $100 for my seat. I'll go pee when I want to, thank you very much. And I've never been blocked from entering at a hoops game like I have been at baseball games. Stupid effing "purity of the game" bullshit.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

NYPD to fan: "Listen to the fuckin' song!" ... Seriously, good luck with the suit. That song needs to die. Stupid, jingoistic tradition that's outlived its usefulness.

12. 93Devil

But the other people who paid the same amount for the ticket would like to see the game as well. A break in the action of most sporting events happens every couple of minutes or so. It's not like you are asking to wait for 10-15 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted