1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan injured at Sharks game, was stupid fans know the way to San Jose

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 30, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

16-year-old girl at the Tank wearing her Canucks jersey ...

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_19643360?source=most_viewed

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Stupid fans know the way to San Jose

Wow. Talk about a non-explained thread title OR post.

16-year-old girl at the Tank wearing her Canucks jersey SUFFERS A CONCUSSION AFTER BEING HIT BY A SHARKS FAN.

There. Jesus. Is it that hard?

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

It's called a buried lede.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That's what the thread is about? I was afraid to click on the link because my 13 year old nephew is visiting tonight and is the same room with me. I never would have known.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cos otherwise, he would never see anything racy on the Net. I'd check your browser history when he leaves.

6. HanSenSE

What can I say? I was writing evaluations for all the rejected job applicants?[/crosthread]. But, point noted.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just figured this was about the Oakland Athletics.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Really, is it so hard to create a title that, you know, clues people in to what the thread is about?

Or do slightly more than post a link, like maybe discussing the topic?

9. HanSenSE

OK, title updated. Me? I'm just shocked ... here we are, the same area Bryan Stow calls home, and now Bay area fans are allegedly committing the same acts some LA fans are accused of. Is fan violence getting out of hand?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The other bad thing is the Sharks got a point out of the OT loss. Fuck them.

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

This story is just odd. For those too lazy to read the link, a 16 year old girl with a history of a benign brain tumor had been yapped at by a very drunk female San Jose fan all game, and when the Sharks scored, the older woman smacked the girl on the head, giving the girl a concussion. Because of her brain condition, my suspicion is she much more prone to concussions, so who knows how hard the hit was.

The older woman is certainly in the wrong, but drunken idiots will be drunken idiots. That's why ushers are supposed to kick them out when they get out of hand.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That's what I was reading as well, but the woman was still in the wrong for putting her hands on the girl.

Draft saved Draft deleted