1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan for hire...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

There will be no Super Bowl victory with Favre as Vikings QB. Just isn't gonna happen.

Minnesota's preseason game against KC is about to being.

I think I'm going to be ill.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Saints would be my alternative if I can't turn your attention to football matters in Charlotte.

DBV and Jesus_Muscatel could help explain why. Still would rather you join some of us Charlotte-based lunatics, but you could do a whole lot worse than the Saints. Except for whatever sympathy the team garnered from their trials and tribulations from the Hurricane Katrina fallout, they've always been the underdog and never been appreciated enough.

That the Dome Patrol didn't get more recognition was criminal.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

So are the Gophers not an option?

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I've always had a soft spot for New Orleans - going back to when Archie Manning was QB.

I could be talked into cheering for the Panthers as I have family in Carolina.

The Gophers are definitely an option as our cable FINALLY added Big Ten Network this week. (Serendipitous, yes?)

5. Sam Mills 51

What will it take? :) :D

The Panthers fanbase is in desperate need of some class, and some enthusiasm. Sometimes I wonder if the fans forget it's a football game and not a golf tournament.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, I guess part would depend on what I can buy for fan gear around these parts. ;)

And....

ARGH!!!!

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named played two series and looked like CRAP. Jackson is in now and is looking pretty good.

ARGH!!!!!! I want my team back - make them (Childress and his pet) go away!

7. Sam Mills 51

Well, there's always panthers.com, eastbay.com and nflshop.com. And, if you're serious and the sort who doesn't consider jerseys childish or whatever, we might be able to help you find one that won't go out of style too quickly. ;)

(Yes, I'm shameless. Shaddup, everyone.)

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Not only do I love jerseys, I have several.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You could always go for the nearby choice:

[​IMG]

:D

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is called The Diva.

11. Sam Mills 51

Somehow I should have figured that out.

We should be able to find one of these in your size:
    [​IMG]

They wear pretty nicely. And better yet, you don't have to worry about sewing on a new nameplate in a couple of years. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

They sure are pretty ...

Draft saved Draft deleted