1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan for hire...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure. Pee in OUR cornflakes because your team signed Favre...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd suggest the Redskins, but that'd be dumb.

If I were to ever switch teams, which I won't, I'd choose the Titans.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We don't post it for you.

We post it for us. :D

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fear The Thumbtack

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It wasn't a typo.

My post where I spelled it Lions at the top of page 2 would be the typo.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Rosie, as a former Eagles fan, I feel your pain. I'm going with the Colts. Manning has always cracked me up -- and they're fun to watch. Join me Rosie, we can do this together.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Saints.

When they win, you can walk to the French Quarter and party. When they lose, you can walk to the French Quarter and sulk drunkenly.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Bills.

Come onnnnnn.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It was the "home" team in the only other state -- besides Va -- that I've ever lived. Every Sunday, the Titans game was on, so I watched. Covered a game up there, too, which was pretty cool. I don't know....I just kinda liked the Titans. Still do.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hmmmmmmmm.

The Saints are a possibility, even though it's been eight years since I've been to New Orleans.

I wore a Vikings jersey on Bourbon Street and I had a blast with Saints fans who came up to me to talk football.

I'll have to take this under consideration...

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Rosie:

You'll only have to suck it up for one season, and admit it, Brett Favre is much better than anything else you had at QB. So I suggest you man up, hold your nose and enjoy the fruits of this season, should there be any. And if the Vikes get that "0" off their Super Bowl record, you can celebrate the accomplishment with a full heart.

I say this despite the fact that I hated no team like the Vikings when I was a kid, when they beat the Lions every which way possible, twice a year, for most of my youth. And I will watch the Lions this year, like every year, waiting for the year that pile of horse poop will somehow be concealing a pony. Don't give up your chance to win a pony.

Draft saved Draft deleted