1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan falls out of second deck at Arlington

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brian, Jul 6, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I take it that you'll blame Bush for the fan falling too, eh? Why not throw Marge Scott in there while you at it.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

No video footage of the fall, but the umpire's reaction is something to see:

http://deadspin.com/5580977/fan-falls-from-stands-at-rangers-game

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

4. mb

mb Active Member

A d_B from a page ago and it's no longer available. The link on the first page still looks to be active, though.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This Marge Scott?
    [​IMG]

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Postgame report is that he fell 30 feet from the club level seats not the upper deck.

His name hasn't been released. The four fans he landed on were treated at the Ballpark. Doesn't sound like any of them needed to go to the hospital which is a minor miracle.

7. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I think "club level seats" means that middle row that goes around the ballpark (the 200 sections). so basically where we thought. The upper deck is the 300s, and it would be a very, very bad idea to fall off of it.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

And, for some reason, they had to play the game at Dodger Stadium, rare for the Angels -- there were, like, 7 or 8 people on the TV broadcast. Enrico Palazzo also sung the national anthem, from what I remember.

(Trying to imagine the red tape needed to get Leslie Nielsen, George Kennedy, O.J. Simpson AND Priscilla Presley to the Mets game tonight...just in case)

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The plate umpire was garbage that game, especially in the top of the 7th.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

To this day, I still sing "And the ho-ome of the land, and the land of the FREEEE"

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Totally let the game get out of control with that brawl.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

With the queen in the country, I hope someone's keeping tabs on Reggie.

Draft saved Draft deleted