1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan dies at 49ers game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I got pissed off at a Van Halen concert in Memphis when some dude climbed the scoreboard at the Liberty Bowl and the band therefore wouldn't play "Jump."

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Too bad. Mike Nolan had him ready to begin the second half behind center.

3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Beautiful.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Or it's taking all the overflow from hell.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked these things don't happen more often, given how drunk some people are at sporting events and the design of stadiums.

I was in Arrowhead for a game a few years ago when a guy fell out of the upper deck. He hit the first row of the next level, bounced off and landed in the expensive seats. The KC Star had interviews with witnesses who said he was drunk and stumbled on the aisle steps while walking down to his seats.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, you're saying he may have jumped rather than fell?

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I dislike RFK for many reasons, not the least of which was the walk between the concourse and the seats/press box - a catwalk, 30-40 feet above the seats below. I'm one of the more ridiculous people you'll find in terms of being scared of heights (the fear goes up as the barrier gets smaller), and I've had nightmares about falling off that damn thing while sober.

I am sorry for this person and his family, but I can guarantee you that you won't see my ass hopping around anywhere that I can fall more than 5 feet without hitting a pool of water.

8. My nominee for the bad taste award . . . if you click on the link for the video of the stopy on the news site, the ad that comes up before the report is for a personal injury attorney.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Monster Park? Do the 49ers play at a amusement park?

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Fantastic.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

The lesson here is pay the extra bucks for the lower level seats.

Draft saved Draft deleted