1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fan dies at 49ers game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Dec 10, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That is not on my list of the best ways to go.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He obviously wasn't very impressed by Alex Smith's future potential.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

My brother and his son were at the game Sunday and they saw this happen as they were going to get food to beat the halftime rush. Needless to say, food was the least of their worries after seeing this unfortunate incident.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

6. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

Not to make light of a death, but the last graf of that story made me laugh -

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A visual of either makes me chuckle. I wish the youtube machine was around back then.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wow ... rough to try to enjoy a game after seeing that. I'm curious, because I didn't quite get the description in the story, was the guy hopping up onto the railing to sit on it and fell over backwards? Did he not use his hands to get up on it? I don't get how he just went clear over the side.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

This is just me speculating, but I get the feeling he tried to hop up there, possibly with a bit of a running start, and instead swung himself clear over.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wonder if alcohol was involved in any of these cases.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Something similar happened in KC in the 80's, I believe. Some moron decided it would be a good idea to do a handstand on the railing above a concourse entrance. He screwed up the dismount, landed on his dome, and perished.

Moral of the story: unless you're the urban ninja, don't do this shit.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Heaven must have needed a 49ers fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted