1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Famous Last Words, or "Ohio lethal injection takes 2 hours, 10 tries"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colonel Angus, May 25, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I too was baffled by this. I mean, the guy had to be strapped to the table. So they had to unstrap him, probably recuff him, walk him out, bring him back, strap him down again...what an astonishingly bizarre scene that must have been. And as the condemned, you gotta figure when they strap you to that table, that's it. You ain't gettin up again, particularly if you're not appealing.

What has always gotten me about the death penalty -- which I do believe should be gotten rid of, but only because it doesn't work -- is that it's supported most strongly by conservatives, who I would have thought would have recognized by now how much more expensive it is to go through all those appeals. In fact, one of the things that gives me pause about the death penalty is that I wonder if all those guys freed by organizations like the Innocence Project would have gotten as much attention if they'd gotten life w/o parole instead of death.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck that guy. They should have stuck the needle into his tongue and left it there as he died.

Here's why the guy is on death row.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/NEWS24/70521005/-1/NEWS

Draft saved Draft deleted