1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family sues school district for allegedly spying on teen at home via laptop

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Feb 19, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is a nightmare to the highest degree.

You have 2,300 potential victims.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

[​IMG]

"What are you turning on the webcam for? Why don't you take a seat over there."

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Yes it is. There are two high schools in the Lower Merion school district - Lower Merion High - which I believe is Kobe's alma mater; and Harriton High, where all of this is going on.

4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

All I had to see were the eyes before I was laughing. Well done.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Awesome.

"There's something you should know...I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC, and we're doing a story on school administrators who are stupider than fuck."

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a friend with a 14-year-old daughter. His daughter got a laptop for Christmas and the first thing he did was disable the camera on it.

7. derwood

derwood Active Member

Rare ban in laptop lawsuit
    Lower Merion district can't discuss its cameras or other issues without alerting the plaintiff.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20100223_Rare_ban_in_laptop_lawsuit.html

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sounds like the administrators would be better off working with a Mr. Fuzzy Dunlop.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, boy.

School's lawyer admits district took 56,000 images from student laptops:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100420/ap_on_hi_te/us_laptops_spying_on_students;_ylt=AhvZsMeLa3rw49SKQk2hWeBH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNpZzdoMHMyBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNDIwL3VzX2xhcHRvcHNfc3B5aW5nX29uX3N0dWRlbnRzBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNwRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BhZGlzdHJpY3R0bw--

Of course, the district claims that non of the images was inappropriate. Yet, the student who's suing them was photographed in his bed, and half-dressed.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So bad.

So very, very bad.

This lawyer better start researching how to handle a class action lawsuit because it is coming, if they are lucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted