1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family sues school district for allegedly spying on teen at home via laptop

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Oh, this is bad.

This could cost that district millions in lawsuits. Hundreds of millions.

I honestly cannot believe (well, yes I can) that a school administrator would be this stupid.

I would have to hear the entire context, but the only grounds I could see would be if the teen was using the laptop for illegal activity. But even then, you have the tech department open up the hard drive. You don't look into their private bedroom.

This is really, really bad.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I do know that school laptop thieves have been caught in Virginia using the camera, but I am sure that was with the consent of the student whose laptop was stolen.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Unfazed.

[​IMG]

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm convinced there is no profession in America with a higher percentage of complete fucking idiots in positions of power than the school administrator profession.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are you sure about that?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Armchair_QB

School administrators make newspaper execs look like card-carrying MENSA members.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. derwood

derwood Active Member

http://www.lmsd.org/sections/news/default.php?m=0&t=today&p=lmsd_anno&id=1137

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think these kids just got their college scholarships paid for, without having to appear in a boxscore.

10. Armchair_QB

YOU ONLY COVER US WHEN WE SPY ON OUR STUDENTS!

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Even the JVs? ;D

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The world would be a much better place if this weren't 100 percent true. I can't tell you how many times we've re-thought our commitment to public education solely because of administrative idiocy. Still hanging in there with the publics, but it's getting tougher every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted