1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family of soldier sues Westboro scum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Oct 27, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.eveningsun.com/ci_7277523?source=most_viewed

Let's hope this is the first of many.
    Too bad no one thought to do this before.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's unfortunate that Phelps - as fucked up as he is - knows the law inside and out.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fred must really, really want him some dick to be thinking about it that much.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Easy solution: kidnap these cocksuckers and drop them off in Fallujah.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I do not agree with Phelps' gang, but I'll tell you, I'm glad people they don't shy away from publicity.

We need creeps like this to speak up, so they can be slammed over the heads with 2-by-4s.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Semper Fi Fags? At a Marine's funeral? Wow. That guy's got balls.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Usually the group of Marine bikers that go to these funerals would be ready to lay an ass-whoopin' on these Phelps folks.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I'm not a Biblical scholar but I have read it a few times and don't remember seeing "fag" in there. Of course, I'm reading the King James version not the whacked-out cultists version.

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Fred Phelps and his special brand of idiots deserve everything they get.

The pain they bring in the name of their religious beliefs is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

City manager in my hometown had some dealings with these Westboro shits. Said the guy who sat in his office was abusive, abrasive and very belligerent. Seems like they want to start something so they can sue the hell out of them. City manager told them, fine, we'll allow you to protest. But they were a couple of hundred yards down the road from the church where none of the folks going in for the funeral could really see them once they left the sanctuary to go to the fellowship hall. He said you have a right to free speech; those family members have a right to free speech in their ability to properly grieve and mourn for their loved one.
    The city attorney — a general in the Army Reserves — was out of town but was listening on conference call the whole time.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

May the entire Phelps clan be Ned Beattyed or Ving Rhamesed.

Draft saved Draft deleted