1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Jewels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Aug 14, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen Gene Simmons' show on A&E yet?

I've seen a couple of episodes and found them quite funny and entertaining, and not just because I've been a big KISS fan since sixth grade and a Shannon Tweed fan since puberty. The kids -- son Nick is about 16 and is 6-foot-7 -- are pretty funny and everyone makes fun of Gene a lot.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

There may not be a bigger money-grubbing, publicity-hungry whore in all the world than Gene Simmons.

And that's coming from a big-time KISS fan.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

True -- see KISS condoms and coffins -- but he just comes across as goofy in the show.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, but the beauty is that Gene knows that and celebrates it. Look at the control he tried to exert over Nick's band.
    Frankly, the show has me laughing my ass off ... I can't wait for tonight's episode at midnight.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh my God, I'm watching the first of last night's episodes and it's as funny as hell. He's now in Vegas and -- holy shit -- there's Vince Neil and Rob Halford and ... and ... KK Dowing and Sully and ... and ... wow.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They had Simmons and Tweed on Stern a couple weeks ago and he freely admits that he's a businessman first and a performer second...

At least he admitted it...

I kind of like the show...

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Who won the driving test?

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Oh man, the funniest Stern I ever heard was a few years ago when he had Gene Simmons and Craig Gass (master Simmons imitator) on at the same time. Simmons would start talking about some business venture, like the Kiss coffin, and Gass would jump in (presumably it was him -- it was hard to tell the difference) and make it more ridiculous by adding stuff like "and for $1 million, I will get in there with you."

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ahem...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Stunned to learn that he has never once been drunk or high.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Craig Gass is a master... He does a Sam Kinison impression that is so real it's scary... He also does a Tracy Morgan impression that's funny as shit...

12. Flash

Flash Guest

The best lines of the last night's show ... Nick and Gene were checking out the engine of the SUV. Nick proudly announces he found the dipstick but has no idea what to do with it.
    Gene leans in and says, 'Hey, we have a V8. I wonder what that means.'
    Then ... and I'm paraphrasing a bit because I watched a few hours ago ... he says, 'We don't need to know this stuff. We hire the gentiles to take care of it for us. That's what they're for.'

I roared.

Draft saved Draft deleted