1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy Star Wars episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 6, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Man, it sucks when you've got to look up an insult. Good work.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Pulp Fiction either???

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not sure it's possible for Mikey to be any more vagina repellant.

I mean, isn't he like JRC stock...already delisted?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think three times, maybe four. I haven't memorized the lines, though. I assume that's the origin of that line?

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Is it possible to rent the original version of Star Wars, or are they all the re-edited version Lucas put out when he was making the first three, which are really the last three?
    Man that was complicated. All I need to know is there a version of Star Wars Episode IV without a Boba Fett cameo?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm pretty sure my brother's got the originals on DVD. So they're out there, I believe.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed it was. A memory for BS minutiae like that has benefited me once or twice in life . . . . .

And yes, the old-school Star wars films were released on DVD in a two-pack with the special edition two years ago. They're priced as one film, and some of the various audio/videophile geeks are mad that they're not proper amamorphic widescreen or some such. I don't pay attention to these things, which is why almost all of my bootleg recordings are mp3 sourced.

Of course, the special editions DVDs screwed up a couple of the different musical cues. Mucasfilm can't leave well enough alone, except when doing a half-assed release of old films.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, those discs were a limited release during the last quarter of 2006. Not available commercially anymore and likely to fetch a higher price than the original retail now.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you people even know the concept of sending PMs? jesus christ.

can we please get this sonuvabitch back on topic?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No problem. I can see how my post was confusing.

Can't see how anybody wouldn't want to see Star Wars, but I'm biased.

TP, why would we go to PMs when we can just clutter up the thread?

I was wondering how well this episode would play for somebody who hasn't seen Star Wars, or who maybe only saw it once. My wife normally won't watch any cartoon and she's only seen the original Star Wars once, but she was watching this with me and laughing last night.

I've never been a big Seth Green fan, but I thought this was by far his best episode doing the voice-overs for Chris.

John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra, everybody!

11. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

Agreed. Great episode. Was hoping the thread would be too.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, I mention Seth Green and left out my favorite exchange of the episode. Thank you, IMDB. I couldn't remember Chris's exact line.

Lois (Princess Leia): Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?
    Chris (Luke Skywalker): Well, stay here and rot, you stuck-up bitch!

Draft saved Draft deleted