1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy season premiere...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Sep 23, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I love Family Guy. Thought the Star Wars thing was corny. Didn't like the dirty dancing scene with the old man.
    The only time I genuinly laughed was when Leia told young sky walker "Aren't you a little too fat to be a storm trooper?"
    "Luke" responded with "Well stay here and rot you stuck up bitch."

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can't believe they can still parody Star Wars 30 years later.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

It was amusing, but I wasn't bowled over like I was expecting. Usually, the show has a "holy-fucking-shit/did-I-really-see-that" moment. Stewie was waaaaaaaaaaaay under-utilized as Darth Vader and too much attention on the Old Pedophile. Seth Green going on about how they were ripping off Star Wars was pretty funny, though. But overall, I give this a C-.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Dammit, now you're just ruining it.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Dirty Dancing number was hilarious.

6. boots

boots New Member

Exactly. Giving it a C- is good. It barely passed and I felt that I wasted an hour. Believe it or not, I kept switching between that and a WWII documentary on PBS. That was more entertaining.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Is this bad that boots agrees with me????

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Come on, calling the Affirmative Action rule on Calrissian was great.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Very bland, in my opinion. Many jokes were very stale and eye-rolling. A few clever moments, but I'm guessing Lucas and Co. wouldn't let the creators get too bawdy with the material.

10. boots

boots New Member

It's an opinion man. What are you trying to pull? The attacking comment you made was highly unnecesssary and only meant to create problems. Is that what you really want?
    Why?

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Just your chain. ;)

12. boots

boots New Member

Dude, there are too many people and moderators on here who for whatever reason, get a hard on whenever I post. Hell, they get a hard on when I don't post.
    Your actions only begin to fuel the fire.
    I hope you understand why I'm approaching you this way.

Draft saved Draft deleted