1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy No. 150 .. No thanks.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 3, 2010.

1. Watched about five minutes of Family Guy's 150th episode and turned it.

I was reading an interview earlier this week where Seth MacFarlane wanted to see if the show's characters could stand alone - no flashbacks, no interjections ... Just two characters at work for the this episode.

For me the answer was a resounding N-O.

They got to the "Pooh" situation and I was done. Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff.
    Anyone else see it? Thoughts?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/05/family-guy-150.html

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It dragged a little toward the end, but I thought that was mainly because of the situation the characters were in.
    It was definitely different. On the whole, I'd say MacFarlane pulled it off. It was a nice interaction between the characters and went way deeper into what makes them tick and work as a pairing than we'd probably seen in 10 years of Family Guy.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I gave up on the show after the episode where everyone keeps injuring Stewy and they all try to keep it from Lois. The episode ends with Peter throwing Stewy behind Lois' car so she thinks she hit him.

Just not funny on any level. I don't get offended easily, but it made me sick to my stomach.

Maybe I'm getting old...

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Didn't watch it, but hearing alot of talk today about how folks were absolutely disgusted with it. What happened? From the commercial - Stewie singing "Moon River" a la "Fletch" - I'm assuming were talking generally the back door area, huh?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Family Guy No. 150 .. No thanks.

Orville threw a rock at it

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's not that your old, it's that for quite some time Family Guy hasn't actually been very funny. Other shows, like It's Always Sunny, go over-the-top while still being very funny. Family Guy goes over-the-top just for the sake of being over-the-top.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Did not want. I think Family Guy has finally jumped the shark. It played on the sterotypical Stewie is gay--the sweater, cell phone, yada yada and when it got to the pooh thing, I gave up. The final 25 minutes where it was just a rehash didn't really do anything for me either.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When Stewie and Brian aren't playing it for laughs, include me out.

The later, musical segment was McFarlane stealing money. Only thing
    he left out was four minutes of Conway Twitty filler.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to love the show, but I've thought the last season or two has been very mediocre. I still love "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Conway Twitty filler is gold. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted