1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family Guy does Stephen King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, May 10, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone see this tonight? Family Guy tonight was three takes on Stephen King books. the first one ("The Body"/"Stand By Me") was maybe the funniest thing they've ever done. Last two were "Misery" and "Shawshank" and weren't quite as funny, but damn, "The Body" was worth the price of admission. Also included what very well may have been the last work ever by Roy Scheider.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The Joaquin Phoenix slam and Dufresne saying two words, "Vagina Booby," were hilarious. That, and how they found a way to cripple Joe in each story.

(Oh, and being a huge "Shawshank" fan, I appreciated "Why he chose to escape on enchilada night, I'll never know" and the minute they showed the David Cassidy poster, I knew exactly where the hole would end up. Not to mention the slam on Gwen Stefani and "Hollaback Girl.")

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh shit, forgot in Shawshank that Peter times the bashing of the pipes to the claps in "I'll Be There For You."

Shawshank was much better than Misery, but Dreyfuss' narration in "The Body" just about made me shit myself. "Anything was possible that afternoon, except getting AIDS, because the government hadn't yet invented it to wipe out the homosexuals."

"Cleve Brown married Rebecca Romjin. No really he did. The fat kid married Rebecca Romjin. Can you believe that? You can look it up on the Internet. Doesn't that piss you off?"

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Shawshank was awesome - he crawled through the shit pipe, why he chose to do it on enchilada night is beside me.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Thanks Stephen King. We'll see you in court.

Awesome episode.

6. Killick

Oh, and how could I forget:
    "Am I being obtuse?"
    "No, now you're being acute."

Just for the nerds out there, like me.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

There's got to be an extended Shawshank cut somewhere. So few of those gags missed the mark.

I called a friend of mine after the show and started reading him Brooks Hatlen's farewell letter in Herbert the Pervert's voice.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I had the NBA game on so I didn't see all of it, but what I did catch was hilarious - Shawshank. I'll have to watch online at Fox.com today.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I read the first two comments on this thread and about lost my shit. I looked it up... for those who missed it (including me) the episode from last night is already on Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/72450/family-guy-three-kings#x-0,vepisode,1

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I missed the first segment. Going to have to check it out online tonight.

I've really been disappointed in the show this season. To make matters worse, I just found out that "Something, Something, Dark Side...." has been pushed back to next season. WTF?! I'm still looking for a link to a website I trust on that bit of news. So far, I only see it on Wikipedia and FamilyGuyHQ.com, which I had never seen before today.

11. Killick

what's "something, something" supposed to be about?

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

The Empire Strikes Back.

Draft saved Draft deleted