1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Families of Flight 93 victims want land seized for memorial...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by schiezainc, Dec 28, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

The relatives of the USAir crash near Pittsburgh in 1994 tried to do something similar where they wanted that land (private property) taken over and a memorial built. it was like 93 - way off a road and isolated. Cooler heads prevailed and they were convinced by the township and county and state not to make a legal issue of it and ended up putting a memorial in a cemetery about 20 miles away.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, they did. But that was to construct the WTC, not for a monument... at least not one to capitalism

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Let's be honest, that's exactly what the WTC was - a monument to capitalism.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course it was,... but was thinking more along the lines of a non-functioning granite thing

5. That would be capitalism...at least, at the moment.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Twenty-two hundred acres? Holy crap.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This kid got shot by the cops and the family wants a memorial at Disneyland.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alexander-anaheim-officer-2270149-police-herman

MEMORIALS FOR EVERYONE!!

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

When I die I want a memorial at the local McDonald's. Hell they will likely be a major contributor to my death. Just prop me up next to the fibreglass statue of Ronald McDonald.

9. poindexter

I want my memorial to have a memorial.

10. I was born in Memorial Hospital.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Is there a memorial to you at Memorial Hospital? There should be.

12. poindexter

Why not just start a golf tournament for anyone who thinks that a family member deserves a memorial?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted