1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fame & Being Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Should I change my opinion of any of them, especially since I didn't have much of an opinion regarding 90 percent of the people on the list.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Definitely Stephen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dwain/Republican_Celebrities_Page

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah that seemed like a really odd question. It implies that there is something wrong with being a Republican.

Mel Gibson is a nutcase in either party.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I know I like to make my decisions regarding people based on their politics. Keeps me from having to put too much thought into it.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

ijag is right. Stephen Baldwin is a Republican of the Bible-thumping category. He's like a downmarket Kirk Cameron, as depressing a thought as that is.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In Hollywood, saying you're independent or libertarian is typically their way of saying, "I'm not a liberal, but I don't feel like taking shit for being a republican."

Might not always be the case, but it definitely seems to sometimes be the case.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Stephen Baldwin was in The Usual Suspects. He gets a pass on his nutjobiness. Unless he switches to Democrat. Then fuck him.

8. Mizzougrad96

Of course it should. If they disagree with you politically, by all means you should hate them for it.

9. Big Circus

Oh, he does get a pass, YG. Usual Suspects was better than anything Cameron ever did. I was just remarking on his career as it stands today.

He was also pretty great as the actor playing Jack on a recent 30 Rock.

10. Mizzougrad96

That was Billy Baldwin.

11. Big Circus

Mizzou, they all look the same to me.

As an aside, what was Daniel Baldwin ever in, anyway?

12. Mizzougrad96

Daniel is the really fucked up one. I think he's best known for being on Homicide.

Draft saved Draft deleted