1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall Weather

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

First cold front of fall is my favorite time of the year.

Not the one that knocks the temperature from 100º to 90º, but the one that sends highs tumbling into the 60s.

That sort of front is coming tomorrow morning. I am wearing shorts today for the last time until March.

2. We must live in the same state. I just was outside and had to wear my winter coat :-(

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

What's a coat?

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i love raking leaves. decent workout. no buzz of a leaf blower. and a leaf blower doesn't really do the job any better.

and i love autumn. always have. love fly-fishing in a mountain stream during the fall. little brook trout with colors that match the leaves. nobody around. mostly silent, except for the sound of water flowing down the mountain and the occasional animal - deer, grouse, turkey, bear.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I had an ex-girlfriend who did the same thing.

Seriously, though, nothing is better than walking down the golf course around sunset time on a perfect 60 or 65 degree fall afternoon. Love it, love it, love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted