1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall Weather

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't wait for the three days of fall to hit here... Oaks, maples, couple other shit ass trees that will be cut down this winter and a ton of pine straw will all drop in the same 72-hour period.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Helluva blow job you got comin' ...

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Good thing small potatoes isn't your neighbour. He'd probably complain about the noise. :)

Hey, Idaho. what's the matter with a good old fashioned rake?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, that's plain nuts.

If it were 100 all year around I'd never leave the house.

Give me an old fashioned -20 any time. :)

5. busdriver

busdriver Member

100 is to hot -20 is to cold but around 70-80 is great you can put on just about anything you want and not be to cold or to hot.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Billy Corgan: Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.
    Homer: Homer Simpson, smiling politely.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Fall is the best.

The leaves have been just killer this fall. Lots of rich, deep oranges and enough reds so you don't feel ripped off, like you do during some autumns. And there hasn't been much rain here, yet, so we've had a solid week, 10 days of progressively more spectacular visuals.

I even changed the way I drive to work to take fullest advantage. Instead of hopping on the interstate for a few exits, I am taking the back roads through the countryside.

Apple cider, apple fritters. Bright sunshine. Warm enough to keep wearing shorts, put on a fleece at night. The electric bills go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. And heat is included in my place, so I get a break now until spring.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I completely agree. I go to school in Ithaca and the fall weather here is so nice. Sure you have to deal with the usual shitty Ithaca weather at times, but we've had about 4 days in a row that have been unbelievable. They've been the type of days that I would consider absolutely perfect, 60 and sunny or overcast, pefectly cool and great for walking around campus and enjoying the foliage. Also, we had our apple fest 2 weekends ago, there's nothing like the scent of apple cider and apple pie in the air on a cool fall day.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just got back from a weekend in Nova Scotia. The colours were breathtaking.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's why i live in miami: for the 70-80 almost every day from october through april. it's great.

and thanks to el nino it looks like hurricane season was a dud this year although i'm not discounting the possibility of another bastard since wilma hit on oct. 24 last year.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You can call me Lee Majors because I'm a fall guy.

Fall is great because there's no or very little humidity in the air.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I despise raking. On the list of things I despise, raking is somewhere slightly below child molesters. I've always been a proponent of mowing the lawn with the bag attached to get the leaves-- you will empty it countless times, but it does the job cleanly and doesn't require a ton of effort.

Draft saved Draft deleted