1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall TV 2009 - whattya watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

My Fall TV schedule:

How I Met Your Mother
    House
    CSI: Miami
    CSI: New York
    CSI
    Greys Anatomy
    Flash forward
    Criminal Minds
    One tree Hill

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

FOOTBALL.

Yep. That's it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mondays - I watch the CBS comedies and I Tivo House. Castle is also a favorite that we usually don't get around to watch for a few weeks after the fact. I hate Monday Night Football. I always have.

Tuesdays - NCIS is the favorite show in the house.

Wednesdays - Gary Unmarried is OK, I have no idea why we watch the Julia Louis-Dreyfus show, but we do. I hope Modern Family stays as good as the first one was. We stopped watching Criminal Minds even though I think it's a great show. I have a lot of trouble watching stuff that dark when we have little kids. That's basically the reason why we don't watch that, SVU or CSI much anymore.

Thursdays - The big Tivo day. We usually watch Grey's. I'm pretty sure William Petersen's departure will make CSI a casualty. I love The Mentalist. I usually download 30 Rock and watch it later in the week.

Friday - My wife and I love NUMB3RS. She likes Ugly Betty, I tolerate it.

It's very rare for us to watch a show the night it's on. NCIS is probably the only show that we consistently watch the night it's on.

4. Mizzougrad96

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have that five minutes of "Maybe it's not really George" on Grey's should be shot.

Yes, George, like T.R. Knight's career, is dead. He'll be lucky to be getting guest spots on mid-level shows in a year.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Shit, that was better than what followed it. Normally I thought DD was over the top in his "Grey's is dead" stuff, because I turn my mind off and watch stupid TV all the time. I can't tell a difference between Grey's season 1 and season 12 or whatever we're on.

But Chief going on some stupid monologue that ended with something similar to "George O'Malley jumped in front of a bus. The least we can do is answer our pagers" just made me feel dumber.

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I tend to get suckered into watching this show with my girlfriend. It's pretty much been utter shit since the AquaMeredith episode. Last night's should have been called "Laughing Inappropriately." Got a feeling this show's gone after this year.

And if he ever wants to come back, T.R. Knight can play the role of George's ghost.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I gave up on the Mentalist because I was consistently identifying the murderer before the second commercial break (the 15-20 minutes after the hour one), which of course was well before mastermind hero Simon Baker. It's got a big problem for a mystery. It's not mysterious.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think they structured the show like Kubler-Ross's seven stages of grief... that's my guess.

9. Mizzougrad96

We had gotten to the point where we were ready to stop watching Grey's last season and then they had a strong run to end the season. I think a lot of us watch this show because our wives/girlfriends like it and I'd much rather watch Grey's than some shit like Desperate Housewives.

I don't think this is the last season. I kind of feel like it's going to have an ER like run since they probably aren't going to lose many castmembers. Hell, the only "stars" on the show are Heigl and to a much lesser extent, Dempsey.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Seriously where the fuck is Friday Night Lights? All the shit they have on TV now and I can't find the one show I like anywhere.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bodie, You're going to have to wait until next summer or get satellite TV.

And whomever had the CW's "The Beautiful Life: TBL" in the "First new show to get cancelled" pool wins. Two airings. I guess we also have the answer to the question how low do the ratings of a CW show have to be to get cancelled. You open with 1.5 million viewers and drop to 1 million in the second week.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Friday Night Lights premieres Oct. 28 for its DirecTV run... it will hit NBC in late-spring, early summer from what I understand.

Draft saved Draft deleted