1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fall TV 2009 - whattya watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My daughter told me about it, or I'd have had no clue (about that, anyhoo)

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

If Friday Night Lights is back I will watch that, otherwise I will be waiting for NBA season to occupy weeknights.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If they ever hook up, the show's over. But I don't know how long the writers can keep the tension compelling, either. They're walking a fine line. They'll have to kill one of them off.

So: You guys can have the rest of the show, I'll take Ziva. :D

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Awesome! Now, I really can't wait to watch it. My DVR is already backing up. Dammit!

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

As busy as I am, I don't watch a lot of TV.

However, Community looks very good (Shitfire, I'll never look at Ty Webb the same way)

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't watched any of the new stuff yet, but I am also looking forward to the new "V." Beyond that, it's wait for "Caprica" to premiere in January and hope Ron Moore doesn't disappoint. I really didn't hear that much about the pilot, which is already out on DVD, so that's probably a bad sign.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Glee. The Amazing Race. Those are the only two nights where I'm home anyway.

I try to catch an episode of Project Runway when I remember to tape it, but seriously? Thursday nights? Lifetime, you suck, because Thursday nights BLOW where I work. That's usually my double-digit-working-hours day.

8. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

Any love for The Big Bang Theory? I also thought Community was pretty funny, but I'm a community college grad, too.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it. Pretty good. Love the "cool" dad's character.

What was offensive about it? I was hoping for something offensive, but came away disappointed. It didn't resemble Married with Children in the least.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Everything with the foreign wife? Everything with the gay couple? I can't remember the line now, but O'Neill said at least two things that were blatantly offensive when they were at the gay couple's house.

Everything's a caricature. "Look, a hysterically excited Latina! Look, a drama queen gay! Look, a dad who tries to talk with lingo!"

Stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Eh, I thought the show was only OK but promising, and I didn't think it was any more offensive than a lot of stuff in prime time. Ed O'Neill's insensitivity is the whole point -- its OK for someone on TV to say things like that as long as it's supposed to make the audience think it's a stupid thing to say. That's kind of the rule.

It was kind of a pale imitation of "Arrested Development."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Huh. Would also explain why I never got Arrested Development.

Draft saved Draft deleted