1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falcons trade Schaub to the Texans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wasn't going to happen, Bucs covet Johnson too much to do that trade -- with a division rival, no less. I thought Schaub would have made sense for the Raiders, who then could have taken Johnson and dealt Moss. Didn't happen that way.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, there is Rex Grossman ... ;D

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That's not his fault...look at the cast around him...

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

She he's outplayed Vick?

5. Schaub's always looked better than Vick in preseason and he's had a couple really good games in the regular season ... obviously his time is limited because Vick has the contract and the sick ability. Obviously training camp's not the same, especially cuz Vick isn't going to run that much, but the truth is Vick doesn't look that comfortable in the pocket and he's not very accurate.

Schaub will be a good one, of course, as someone else pointed out, a lot of quarterbacks look good compared to Vick.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Alley,

It could be worse. At least the Texans didn't trade for Vick.

And n-w, Grossman may suck, but he's already played in more Super Bowls than Vick ever will. :)

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I'm the Raiders, I would immediately scout David Carr to see whether all he needs is a second chance/change of scenery/some more guidance to become the quarterback some thought he could be. Because if they feel he could turn it around, I would be tempted to sign Carr, trade Randy Moss to help recoup picks lost in the Schaub deal and draft Calvin Johnson.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, but why would Carr go to another team that has a terrible o-line? Carr should go to Miami.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Money, maybe. But if he's traded by the Texas to the Raiders, he wouldn't exactly have much say about that, if he does have a preference to play for the Dolphins.

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Six years, $48 million for a guy who's thrown 161 career passes.

No wonder the Texans are firmly holding the league's laughingstock label.

That's awful.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If David Carr goes to a team with a decent offensive line, he's going to be a steal if a team only has to give up a No. 3 to get him...

It's hard to imagine why a guy would struggle when he's getting sacked 60 times a year...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember reading somewhere that the Falcons offered Vick to the Raiders for Moss and the No. 1 pick... The Raiders wisely told them to fuck off... Actually, they probably just said no because of Vick's contract...

Draft saved Draft deleted