1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falcons trade Schaub to the Texans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807051

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Damned Texans! They give away picks like they're f-ing candy! Two second-rounders? On a team with holes at WR, HB, FB, OL, DL, DT, OLB, MLB, SS and CB?

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think it's a really good deal for the Falcons. Let's see how good he is.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I really thought that the Falcons were gonna' trade Schaub to the Bucs for their pick to get Calvin Johnson. But still a good move for the Falcons.

P.S. So were does Carr go now? I still think this guy has talent. He's shown some real balls by playing behind that terrible O-line.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Vick gets his way.

Very funny.

They may start okay, but even with some help from the schedule, can't envision them as a playoff team, even in the NFC. Petrino's new offense won't suit Vick, and then what will the darling
    Falcon owners think?

These guys don't have clue one.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Neither, apparently, do the Texans. Quickly losing my patience with them. They've had some of the worst drafts, not just in the first rounds, but in all rounds, in the last five years.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

As bad as some starters are in the NFL, why doesn't some team give Schaub a chance as a starter? The Falcons better get a decent backup for when Vick gets hurt.

8. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Matt Schaub = Rob Johnson

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. Two second-round picks for a guy who has barely played. Besides, Vick is going to be their guy. Question that decision all you like (I do), but if that's the case, I don't mind them getting value for Schaub.

NFL teams don't trade high picks like that lightly. Two second-rounders is a good value for a quarterback who has barely played. Hell, it's more than the Ravens gave up for McGahee. I understand it's a different position, but at least McGahee has produced.

10. outofplace

I assume that's what the Texans just did. You don't give up two second rounders for a guy unless he's going to play.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What the dirty one said.

12. outofplace

Damn, I misread your post. That's what I get for posting at work. Sorry Buck.

Draft saved Draft deleted