1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falcons Interim Coach...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Dec 12, 2007.

1. I don't know which thread to put this under or if it deserves it own...

Does anyone know the politics on how Thomas became the Interim coach...does he have head coaching experience? I'm curious to understand why Mike Zimmer would not immediately assume this position and I'm shocked that Thomas would essentially jump over him. How does Zimmer have any credibility with the staff now?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Give the fucking job to DeAngelo Hall

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Joe Horn can be the offensive coordinator.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

well, he is offensive at times ...

6. D-3 Fan

any time he opens his mouth without thinking...

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

But help is on the way.....Cowher is just waiting for the offer. And pigs fly.

8. Nola4520

Nola4520 Member

Thomas is a well-respected and liked assistant coach in the Falcons' facility. He is one of the Senior finalists for the Pro Football HOF this year and at 64, is probably not a candidate for the permanent position. Also, the move allows Blank/McKay not to show any favoritism to either Hue Jackson (OC) or Mike Zimmer (DC) in terms of their chances to run the show in 2008. They just need to get through the final three games first.

9. D-3 Fan

Emmitt has hopped around with several teams as an assistant, right?? Wasn't he with the Packers?

Draft saved Draft deleted